Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

evalRule - Using EnableHasChildNamed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
FarrenYoung
326 Views, 2 Replies

evalRule - Using EnableHasChildNamed

Regarding Intent technical note 6, it ends with the section included below, and I was just wondering if there has been any work done on this or if everything still stands as it did at the time of the technical note.  Basically I am just wondering if we should still use the EnableHasChildNamed regsitry flag (though I don't see it any longer) or if there is another way to do this outside the regsitry or if there has been work done to remove the need for the flag.

Intent TN-6
Performance: Using EnableHasChildNamed

Future Work
We expect to develop better methods to resolve this issue in the future. In particular, the global nature of this switch could be changed to a more local Design or Part level control.
We now believe the “internal” evaluation performed by part_hasChildNamed is theoretically wrong, and should be removed. However, the desire to be able to reference directly into child-list children remains. We are working to resolve this dilemma.

--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Farren,

The latest configuration material is in the wikihelp:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_ETO/enu/2012/Help/0000-Inventor0/0051-Autodesk51/0084-Configur...

As part of the move to be registry frere, we've moved most configuration settings to the intent.config file, including those without UI.

Chris Palmatier
Customer Success Engineer
Inventor Engineer-to-Order

Message 3 of 3
JackGregory
in reply to: FarrenYoung

The answer to the main body of the question is no, nothing has changed.  I am more convinced than ever that EnabledHasChildNamed should be disabled completely.  This flag is only for strict compatibility with old code that needs it, and should not be used/depended upon in new projects.  Turning it off resulted in 50% performance improvements in large projects, so it had a very large cost for very little benefit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report