Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETO Server 2014 error: NullReferenceException

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
matthias.rolf
543 Views, 1 Reply

ETO Server 2014 error: NullReferenceException

Hello there!

I have a ETO Server 2014 running on a Win 2008 Server R2 64-bit system. On that server, I have a simple test ETO application configured. That application consists only of a child block, nothing more.

Now, I created an ETO Silverlight application using the VIsual Studio 2012 wizard and configured it to connect to above ETO server. The connection seems to work, as far as I can tell (i.e. the IntentClientFactory's CreateClientProxy finishes without an error. But: When the loading process of the model viewer has completed I immediately receive the message "An error has occured". I don't get any exception on the client side of things.

Checking the error log on the server reveals that it ran into a NullReferenceException in the call to Autodesk.ETO.UI.Net.Server.Intent.ServerIntentUIProject.GetProjectData().

This error happens with every ETO application I configured on the server so far when I run the ETO Silverlight application created by the wizard. When running the UI Tools Tutorial on this setup, I receive another error stating that Remote_CreateBlock received a string where it expected an MList, but I think that's another issue entirely.

Can anyone tell me what I could do to solve that NullPointerException problem?

Thanks for reading and your time.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

This is usually caused by not including the UIPartMixin design. At a minimum, your root part must include this design. Any other parts you want to show up in the treeview also need to.

Scott Anderson
Principal Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report