Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETO R2 feedback

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bsee1
955 Views, 7 Replies

ETO R2 feedback

I've installed ETO R2 and am experiencing a number of issues already.  I was hoping someone else would be able to confirm them or help me fix them.

• ETO Studio does not see the design files the ETO project is using, nor will it allow me to specify the root project.  Inventor sees the design files just fine.  Here is the folder structure:  Workspace(IPJ is in this folder) \ Company name(ETO iam is in this folder) \ ETO \ Design files
  • ETO Model Properties sees the rules fine.  I have an Intent rule to generate a document and it even evaluates.  However if I say “Edit Rule” it gives a message saying “Design for selected part not loaded in Visual Studio environment”

• ETO addins will not load when launching through ETO Studio. Opening the same ETO project through Inventor loads the addin as expected.
  • Inside of ETO Studio, the "Autodesk Intent API Help" link is broken. When clicked it just says "Unable to local IntentAPI.chm". Also note the word "find" is missing from that phrase. Going to the help icon inside of Inventor, community resources, Intent API Help does work.
  • Clicking "ETO Install Builder Wizard" does nothing

At this point ETO Studio is still unusable to me.  I would appreciate it if this was officially responded to.  If need be, I can open an ADN support request.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: bsee1

Hi --

If you could file an ADN report, that would be great.  That way it will be tracked.  We can report the results here, as appropriate.

We will begin looking into these issues immediately, of course.

--Jon

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 8
bsee1
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Thank you for looking into this. For reference, the case number is: 07990084

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 4 of 8
Jon.Balgley

For everyone's information:

We are continuing to investigate these problems with help from "bsee1".

The simplest problems that "bsee1" reported, i.e., problems with the "help link" and "install builder" buttons in ETO Studio -- these appear to work OK, both on QA "clean machines" and multiple users' systems here at Autodesk.  At least for these issues, we will probably find that there was some unusual factor in the environment that we didn't consider.

We encourage other folks to install "R2" and try it out, and if you have problems, let us know.  It will help everyone if we can get more data points.

--Jon

Jon Balgley
Message 5 of 8
pbrade
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Is anyone using the "StoreModelExternally" option with R2?

Just installed R2 on a Win7 64 bit computer and the ikp file is no longer being used.

Inventor SP1.1 was installed prior to the ETO R2 install.

Thanks,

Pete

Message 6 of 8
bsee1

Autodesk was very helpful in getting the issue resolved.  The issue was due to a conflict with the Visual Studio addin Resharper.  For anyone else with this issue, disable Resharper while working in ETO Studio.  I'm hopeful for a permanent fix, but disabling Resharper will make everything work for now.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 7 of 8
AlexKorzun
in reply to: pbrade

Hi Pete,

The setting has been moved to Intent.config file (located in BIN folder of the installation).

Setting name is StoreModelExternally, its value should be 1 for your case.

For just in case, please make the safe copy of Intent.config before changing it.

See more info in What's new

Thank you,

Alex Korzun
Inventor-Revit Interop / Inventor-Fusion Interop / Inventor ETO
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
pbrade

Thanks Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report