Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
alundr
637 Views, 6 Replies

ETO hard crash

Has anyone seen this issue?  http://www.screencast.com/t/L1o2Ah6k

My ETO code is reduced to the point where I am placing an adopted part and simply trying to change the height.  

ETO 2013 R2

Win 7 64bit

12 GB Ram

Intel Xeon E5645 @ 2.4GHz (12 cores)

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Lesoux
in reply to: alundr

Never mind. This is a common issue for all Inventor users. I have the same problem at least 4-5 times per day. You can't do anything. Seems like issue in application itself.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Inventor 2020.3.4, Build 373
Message 3 of 7
alundr
in reply to: Lesoux

not helpful

Message 4 of 7
JackGregory

That looks like a pretty severe memory crash, but we can't diagnose it here.  You need to get the case to ADN support.  It is not common.

Message 5 of 7
Lesoux
in reply to: JackGregory

You never know when it will happen. Sometimes it happens when you try open document, sometimes it happens when you try save document, sometimes it happens just in the working process, etc. I know that it's not helpful. I just wanna say that we can't do anything with this.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Inventor 2020.3.4, Build 373
Message 6 of 7
alundr

I figured it out!  We have an addin for inventor that purges any unused styles on save.  This function can be turned on and off through a reference file and I have set to "Off" on my pc.  Then we moved to another computer that function was set to "On".  ETO was creating the files and when it tried to save them, our addin was trying to delete the unused styles.  The two conflicted and Inventor crashed out.

Message 7 of 7
JackGregory

Thanks for posting what you found.  However, we would like to be able to replicate it here, since clearly even evil addins need to be handled.  Crashing to the desktop is never ok.  If you could send us something that can replicate this, we could find where we are not handling what is probably a file deleted out from under us.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report