Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETO 5.1: Assertion Failed - Conversion.TryFromValueBase

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GeorgeWilliams
1223 Views, 4 Replies

ETO 5.1: Assertion Failed - Conversion.TryFromValueBase

I get the attached error when I try to run 5.1 on an existing solution that was working in 5.0.  How do I resolve this error?   The message dialog does not give me enough information to know where the issue is.

Are there things that have changed in 5.1 that would cause my code to be invalid now?  If so, what types of things should I look for and is there a document that lists those incompatibilities?

Thanks,

George

George Williams
D3 Technologies - Automation Solutions
************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

George:  It is hard to say from this level of information, but I would guess that something wanted a list, but wasn't given something that we could turn into an internal Intent list.

When you can figure it out enough to get us a case that demonstrates it, I think we can work on getting a better error message out.

The changes to lists are quite extensive in the most recent releases, and conversions like this are where the testing did not catch a particular usage.  There is no "known" list of things that could cause this.

--Jack Gregory

Message 3 of 5

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am currently commenting out chunks of code to try to isolate the issue.  Unfortunately, that is taking quite a bit of time since it crashes to desktop after each test.  As soon as I know more I will definately post it.  I am using lists extensively in the drawings that render to cause the crash.  I may just try turning RENDER off and evaluating lists manually. 

Thanks,

George

George Williams
D3 Technologies - Automation Solutions
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
Message 4 of 5
ludesroc
in reply to: GeorgeWilliams

Upgraded from Automation 2010 to ETO 2012...I get the same error message when executing this rule. Used to work well under 2010!!!

Lookup Rule SalesOrderNo As String = "01761102"

Child uspOpeningSizes As :dbQueryCommand
connection = dbConnection
commandText = "[dbo].[uspOpeningSizes]"
commandType = :StoredProcedure
displayName = "usp Opening Sizes"
InputParameters = {dbConnection.adoStringParameter ("@SalesOrder", SalesOrderNo, 50)}
End Child

Rule openingsQueryList As List
openingsQueryList = uspOpeningSizes.ResultSet
End Rule

Regards,

Luc

Ludesroc
Message 5 of 5
JackGregory
in reply to: ludesroc

This is a known issue.  Please contact support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report