Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in "iv_getParamValue"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
raphaellemmen6137
311 Views, 2 Replies

Error in "iv_getParamValue"

Hi,
in an earlier release from Intent (I think it was from the year 2008) I used often the function "inventorParamValue". When I put my Files in Intent 2010, there came an error message, which says, that there is a unknown problem in the function "iv_getParamValue", but I didn't use this function.
So I closed my Intent-assembly-file and open it again and: the Error isn't shown again and the app runs!
But I think the problem isn't solved, because the error is shown once or twice a day. For details see the attachement.

Can anybody help?

Thankyou very much!
Greetings from Germany

Raphael
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

inventorParamValue() is a Method on %%IvAdoptedPartCommonMixin that merely calls the internal function iv_getParamValue(). The error message is just stating that the internal function returned an error from Inventor. Unfortunately, we don't know why, and so cannot report it. However, from what you report, it is probably some sort of state issue in Inventor that does not always happen. So the key to resolving this is to get a replicable case. If you can get it to happen reliably, please try to get us a case we can observe in the debugger.

--Jack Gregory
Autodesk
Message 3 of 3

No, there is no replicable case to get. But I will look for it.

Greetings
Raphael Lemmen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report