Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing ViewName Location

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Chris_Rogers
327 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing ViewName Location

Hi All,
Is there any way to specify a location for the viewName in a drawing? The viewName is usually placed at the bottom of the view in the sheet, but it sometimes interferes with the bottom dimensions. I would like to be able to move the viewName to a specified location so that it is clear of all dimensions, notes, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Chris Rogers
Inventor Certified Professional
Message 2 of 4
Chris_Rogers
in reply to: Chris_Rogers

Well I never did figure out how to move the viewName, but I found a way around it by creating an :IvGeneralNote in the view and giving it the same layer and textStyle as the viewName. You can actually still use the viewName value that you set in the sheet to place as the formattedText in the GeneralNote. Maybe this information can be helpful to someone else also? If there is a way to position the viewName without creating a new note, then please reply. Thanks.
-Chris Rogers
Inventor Certified Professional
major_xu

I think this question should be posted at Autodesk Inventor Customization forum.
Message 4 of 4
FarrenYoung

No, this is definitely an Automation question; however, I do not think there is a way to set this without a cfunc or .net code in your intent design.
--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report