Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Auto-Firing Add-ins

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jonbrabbs
319 Views, 4 Replies

Disable Auto-Firing Add-ins

Morning All,

Is it possible to over-ride auto-firing Addins?

I have an addin which fires on save, and saves the current drawing document to pdf and dwf in specific locations.

It fies opn all drawings regardless of template, but now, I want to use a template and not run the addin.

Is it possible to programmatically turn addins on and off? And if so how?

Cheers

Jon.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If this post helps you, please give kudos.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ErsatzLogic
in reply to: jonbrabbs

Go to Tools > Add-Ins. this will launch your Add-In Manager and allow you to choose whether individual add-ins are loaded and whether they will auto-load on startup.
Message 3 of 5
jonbrabbs

Hello mate,

Sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear.

I'm looking for a way to do this programmatically. I need one addin to disable another one, to avoid conflicts.

Cheers

Jon
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Message 4 of 5
ErsatzLogic

No, that was my fault, you clearly stated it in your post, but for some reason I ignored it when reading it back. You should be able to deactivate add-ins through the ApplicationAddIn object's Deactivate method.

It would look something like

ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById({insert ClientID here}).Disable

Does that work for you?
Message 5 of 5
jonbrabbs

Ehup mate,

Cheers for that I'll have a look at it soon (hopefully)

thanks for you help

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report