Inventor Engineer-to-Order

Inventor Engineer-to-Order

ScottHeide
Message 1 of 2 (133 Views)

Crash for Large Model

133 Views, 1 Replies
02-13-2013 08:39 AM

Just FYI.   I have a very large cooling tower - 7000+ Inventor parts - ~30,000 Intent parts.   I'm trying to debug a drawing error.   It runs fine to create the model in about 2 hours.   Then I add the drawing and get the error.  It is kind-of a normal error I think... nothing special.   3 times now, however, I've gotten to that state and then started to debug the error and at a point when I was seemingly doing nothing - looking at the code or the tree - out of the blue Inventor crashed.   It has happened on at least 2 different computers.  

I know you can't do much to help at this point. 

Maybe I should set it up so you can run the code locally.  That would be some work, but might be worth it for other reasons too.

- Scott

Employee
rangt
Message 2 of 2 (117 Views)

Re: Crash for Large Model

02-14-2013 06:28 AM in reply to: ScottHeide

Hello Scott,

Have you submitted any CER reports for these crashes?  Could you reply to me with the e-mail address you used so I can find them in the system?

Tom Rang
Software Quality Assurance Manager
DLS – Design, Lifecycle, & Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.