Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not apply Part Features

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chockalingam
486 Views, 2 Replies

Could not apply Part Features

Hi,

I am trying to create a tapped hole by passing values from Web UI.

Everything goes fine, but when sending value for "threadDesignation"(string), i am getting the following error.

Exception in function iv_createInstanceDocument [Root.BusbarPlate] Unable to update parameters and/or properties for file: D:\TestProject\Member Files\TestProjectPlate.8A93650F31A8EB0037C4FC7900DA98E7.ipt.The failed part has been saved to the file D:\TestProject\Failed Parts\TestProjectPlate.8A93650F31A8EB0037C4FC7900DA98E7.ipt, to allow for diagnosis of the problem. Could not apply Part Features. Error creating parallel thread for hole.
Unspecified error (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004005 (E_FAIL))

Following are the values we tried to send

3/8-16 UNC
    1/4-20 UNC

But when Passing this value in Intent works fine

threadDesignation is in my threaded hole child rule

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ebachrach
in reply to: chockalingam

I don't know if "passing this value in Intent" means in a rule or via the Intent IDE.

But have you opened the file D:\TestProject\Failed Parts\TestProjectPlate.8A93650F31A8EB0037C4FC7900DA98E7.ipt?

That file should have the "Bad" version of the parameter in it, causing it to fail. This can show you what the Web UI is passing to the part that might be different from the regular Intent UI.

Elly

--
Autodesk
Elly Bachrach
ETO/CTO Solutions Designer
Intelligent Configuration Solutions
Mobile +1 (773) 401-6980
elly.bachrach@gmail.com

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
Message 3 of 3
wayne.brill
in reply to: chockalingam

Hi,

This could be a problem with Excel on a server OS. (Threads use the Threads.xls file). This post seems like a similar issue.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Engineer-to/Thread-feature-not-working-through-Web-C...

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report