Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Endpoints for ETO server

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
chockalingam
737 Views, 5 Replies

Client Endpoints for ETO server

Hi,

I am newbie to ETO web samples, now i am trying to run the ETO sample.

I Installed the ETO server and configured the staircase sample by following the steps provided in readme.txt

In Point 3. I got the below step to do

"Configure the client endpoints in the web.config file to use the ETO Server you have configured."

I don't know how to the client endpoints for the ETO server

I am struggling with this for the past two days. 

I need help in the issue.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
colin.mccoy
in reply to: chockalingam

Hi chockalingam,

Can you provide more specific information about your configuration and where you are stuck?

For example:

Is your ETO Server installed on the same machine you are trying to run the web sample from? If so, you can probably use the default configuration and you don't need to change anything. If it's on a different machine, you'll need to enable a TCP endpoint because Named Pipe won't work.

Regards,

-Colin

Message 3 of 6
chockalingam

Hi colin.mccoy,

Thanks for your reply, I solved that issue. When i un-installed and re-installed ETO the issue solved.

Now when i am creating a new project using ETO wizard in vs2010, I found that session is always null

I tried copying the "Intent Services web" project from staircase sample to the newly created project.

But still, session in IntentControllerBase found to be null.

I don't know where i am doing mistake.

Can you kindly help me in solving this issue

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 6
colin.mccoy

Hi chockalingam,

I don't know why Session would be null. You're talking about Controller.Session, right?

This should return the ASP.Net session object. It can also be accessed like this: HttpContext.Current.Session.

I did a search on the web to see if there's any reason the Controller.Session property would be null. The only thing I found is that it is not set until after the constructor is called so if you access it from within the constructor, it will be null.

I don't know if that helps or not; I hope it at least gives you a clue about what to try next.

Regards,

-Colin

Message 5 of 6
chockalingam

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, this works for me now i am facing a new problem.

In IntentAppClientBase.cs, ExportData function i am getting a the following error when building the project

'Autodesk.Intent.Services.Value' does not contain a definition for 'Part'

Initially i commented this line for debugging but now when i am trying to view DWF file, this line produces error.

Can you help me in this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 6
colin.mccoy

Hi chockalingam,

The only way I can think of that you can get that error is if you are using and older version of ETO Series. What release do you have installed. I think the Value.Part method was introduced in 2013 R2. You should have 2013 R2 in both ETO Series and ETO Server.

Regards,

-Colin

P.S. It helps others if you mark the question as answered if you get an answer that helps. Also, if you have new questions, it helps others with the same questions if you start a new thread for the new question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums