Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOMStructure = :reference part disappears

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
scottheide
521 Views, 6 Replies

BOMStructure = :reference part disappears

We have some geometry that should show up in the drawing, but not the Parts List.   Setting BOMStructure = :reference removes it successfully from the parts list, but it also removes it from the drawing graphics.   Is there a way to have parts show up in the graphics, but not the parts list?

ScottHeide@CruzBayCustom.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
scottheide
in reply to: scottheide

Anyone have any ideas on this? 

Message 3 of 7
Jon.Balgley

I believe :Phantom is what you want, but it didn't work for me when I tried it just now.  

Search for "bom structure" in the Inventor documentation for an explanation.

Jon Balgley
Message 4 of 7
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

That's p-h-a-n-t-o-m.

Stupid smileys.

Jon Balgley
Message 5 of 7
scottheide
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Thanks and it seems you are on to something, but I couldn't get it to work either.  According to the docs it seems like :Phantom is the right thing.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0460-Assembli460/0530-Bills_of53...

If I just try to set the BOMStructure manually for the Inventor part in the Inventor UI, it only gives two choices {:Default, :Reference}.    I don't see any way to manually set it to Phantom. 

Also, it isn't clear from the ETO docs why there is both a BOMStructure (with options of :Default and :Reference) and a DefaultBOMStructure (with options of :Normal, :Inseparable :Purchased :Phantom :Reference)

I tried all the combinations I could think of for BOMStructure and DefaultBOMStructure in ETO to see if i could get it to work... but no luck.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

Message 6 of 7
MjDeck

Scott,

This is Inventor behavior. You have to set the document itself to Phantom.  As a component in an assembly, you can only set it to Default or Reference.  The other settings are considered to be properties of the document itself, and not of a particular instance. 

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
DryMartini79

Believe you already solved it....

If you set it to reference in the BOM, it will be shown as a dotted line on your drawing but disappear in the BOM.

If you set it to Phantom it will disappear in the BOM but show as normal on the drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report