Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Adoption Error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
283 Views, 4 Replies

Automation Adoption Error

Hello, every time I attempt to adopt a constraint into Intentomation I receive the error, "Please report the following exception: \nNo such rule:(Part Name)". The message box actually has a newline character in it.

Other information: I'm on Vista Business 64-bit, using Inventor 2010 and Intentomation Professional 2010 v3.3.

Thanks,
D. Johnson
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
glibardi
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you send a simple model and instructions for reproducing the problem to intent.support@autodesk.com?

Thanks.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, Gene.

I'm sending an example assembly; however, I don't believe it would be reproducible on your end. The exception occurs when I attempt to adopt any constraint into any assembly. Even the sample/tutorial files. It's only my machine. If a colleague attempts to adopt the same constraint on their machine, they have no problem.

Thanks Again,
D. Johnson
Message 4 of 5
JackGregory

Did this get resolved? It sounds like you may have overwritten a system adoption file. Perhaps the template that adoption uses. A re-install should clear it, or a diff of the Intent install directories on a working machine with yours to see what is different.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi, Jack. Gene asked me to send some additional files, but I've been swamped and haven't had a chance.

I'll run a diff on mine with a working machine. Thanks for the suggestion. I recently re-installed Intent with the 3.3 update. I'll re-reinstall and post here with what I find out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report