Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly features through API!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Lesoux
581 Views, 5 Replies

Assembly features through API!

Does Inventor API support the assemby features (like extrude, hole, fillet or chamfer)?

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Inventor 2020.3.4, Build 373
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Chris.Palmatier
in reply to: Lesoux

Extrude and Hole, for sure. We can't do it in Intent/ETO without Inventor API support. The best way to know what the Inventor API supports in your version is to look at the programming help (API documentation).

Chris Palmatier
Customer Success Engineer
Inventor Engineer-to-Order

Message 3 of 6
Lesoux
in reply to: Chris.Palmatier

Features Interface.

Summary:

Represents the collection of features in the assembly context. The API does not yet support addition of assembly features.

What do you think about that?

Or, maybe, I don't know something.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Message 4 of 6
ekinsb
in reply to: Lesoux

The text for that object is incorrect and needs to be updated.  The API does support the creation of assembly features.  It's the same as creating features in a part except the entities you provide as input will need to be in the context of the assembly, which means they'll need to be proxies.  Do you have a specific example of what you would like to do?

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 5 of 6
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: ekinsb

ETO has built-in designs for Assembly extrude and hole.  I haven't used them myself in a long time.  There was a report here in the forum that extrude, at least, did not work in ETO 2012, but works OK in ETO 2013.

Jon Balgley
Message 6 of 6
Lesoux
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Thanks for the fast response. I know that these features are built-in. But sometimes I need to expand the some functionality for particular features.

Thanks one more time.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report