Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Document Template

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ludesroc
645 Views, 8 Replies

Assembly Document Template

Hi,

When creating a child as :IvAssemblyDocument...Which template ETO uses? 

It says: If not supplied, uses system default. Is system default the location specified in Application Options/File/Default Templates or somewhere else?

Regards,

Ludesroc
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
AlexKorzun
in reply to: ludesroc

Hi,

The Manage\Projects... command brings in the Inventor Projects dialog box, where you can specify the path to templates for the active project:

IPJ.jpg

In case of [Default] (as shown), the templates are searched in the global folder you've figured out.

Thank you,

Alex Korzun
Inventor-Revit Interop / Inventor-Fusion Interop / Inventor ETO
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
ludesroc
in reply to: AlexKorzun

Alex,

Project Templates is set at: Default

Applicaton Options/File/Default Templates location is set at: W:\Mecanique\CAD\Librairies\Inventor 2013\Templates\

I modified the templates (Inventor/ETO) so that the UCS is orientated as shown in (Default_View_Orientation.bmp)

When creating a child (design RoofCurbWall is an AssemblyDocument) without specifying the templateFile...When I open the Assembly Document, the view (UCS) is rotated 180 deg about Z. If I specify the templateFile then the view is ok.

Child RoofCurbWallFront As (If createFrontWall? Then :RoofCurbWall Else :nullDesign)
roofcurbWallLength = RoofCurbLength
roofcurbWallLeftHeight = FrontLeftCornerHeight
roofcurbWallRightHeight = FrontRightCornerHeight
roofcurbWallSide = "Front"
ignorePosition? = False
origin = Point(0, RoofCurbWallThickness + clearanceBetweenParts + OuterSkinMaterialThickness, 0)
xDirection = Vector(1, 0, 0)
yDirection = Vector(0, 1, 0)
grounded? = True

templateFile = "W:\Mecanique\CAD\Librairies\Inventor 2013\Templates\Inventor\Standard.iam"
End Child

This of course affects the drawing views orientation!!!

Regards,

Ludesroc
Message 4 of 9
AlexKorzun

Hi

May I ask you a question? What is the Model on the drawing view:

• Root?
  • Root.....RoofCurbWallFront?
  • anything else in between?

Thank you,

Alex Korzun
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9
ludesroc

What is shown in (Without_TemplateFile.bmp) is RoofCurbWallFront.iam. 

See (Intent Model.bmp)

Ludesroc
Message 6 of 9
ludesroc

I have tons of design created earlier with this UCS orientation and everything was working just fine until now...Now in 2013,  assemblies (created within ETO) are behaving strangely...in some designs they are well orientated and in others they are all over the place!!!! 

If creating a child as an ivAssemblyDocument uses the template specified in the default location and that template is configured as described earlier, then could you tell me why it would not generate the correct view orientation ALL THE TIME? Is there an internal/hidden rule calling for a different template?

My collegue has mentionned a problem with assembly document units changing from inch to centimeter -->(http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Engineer-to/Sub-Assemblies-change-their-Document-Set... I also have this problem!

I strongly suspect a different template being called...

This isssue is becoming annoying as I can't get the proper design to generate!!!!!

Ludesroc
Message 7 of 9
Lesoux

You are not alone. I have a lot issues after installing 2013 R2 too.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Inventor 2020.3.4, Build 373
Message 8 of 9
AlexKorzun

Hi

We are investigating the issue. We have the reproducible case. You will be informed about the outcomes. Please file ADN case and mention DE955 defect.

Because of the issue, the drawing view could be rendered differently depending on whether it is created from scratch or is updated in existing document. If you save/close your Intent assembly, delete "Member Files" folder, set the ViewCube options to default, and open your assembly again: will the views be shown as desired?

Thank you,

Alex Korzun
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 9
ludesroc

Alex,

I filed a case.

No it is not!

I'm not even creating drawing views...still within the assembly document.

In the attached document...PentaFrontLeft and PentaFrontRight are well orientated. PentaFrontTop and PentaFrontBottom are not (they should be rotated 90 deg about Y)...but they used to be!

The child rule hasn't changed. I'm using frame-based positioning.

Ludesroc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report