Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Crash when trying to Register Intent 1.1

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
kevinfink1063
402 Views, 0 Replies

Application Crash when trying to Register Intent 1.1

I'll start with some background. I have an application that wraps around Autodesk Intent 1.1. Recently, some users have been unable to register Intent. When my application gets to the point of registering and Intent takes over, the application crashes (OS says it has stopped responding and closes it). I don't know if this affects other older versions of Intent or other Autodesk software, but I would presume so.

After some research, I found that the issue was caused by a Windows Update from July 15, 2014. The update is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2962872. It seems to only affect users who have installed Internet Explorer 11 (at least, that was the case for my users). Microsoft knows about the problem, because it has affected other software. The one I know about, and it's a pretty big one, is InstallShield, but Flexera has patched that issue on their own so they didn't have to wait for Microsoft. Microsoft says they are working on a fix, but I don't know when that'll be available. They'll post updates to the KB article previously linked.

So, if you are running into this issue, all you have to do to get around it is to uninstall this particular update, then everything should work fine. For Windows 7 users, another option is to uninstall IE11 and make sure IE10 is there instead.

Hopefully this will help out others and prevent them from pulling out their hair looking for a solution like I did.

Kevin

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report