Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Update to ETO 2014 and Visual Studio Professional

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
TIMOHART
762 Views, 5 Replies

After Update to ETO 2014 and Visual Studio Professional

Hello,

I get an error message from visual studio that the SLN I prepared is not supported.

The SLN was working before with ETO 2013 and before Visual Studio professional.

Is there some executable to repair this ?

Thank you / Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MjDeck
in reply to: TIMOHART

Hello Timo,

SLN files from ETO 2013 should continue to work in 2014. A few questions to help us figure out the problem:
  Can you create a new IntentV3 project in Visual Studio? Can you import an an existing Inventor project? Are you running Visual Studio 2012 Professional? Which version of Visual Studio were you running before?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
TIMOHART
in reply to: MjDeck

Hello Mike ,

We started with Inventor 2011 with developing our User Interface in Visual C# 2010 Express. Up to 2013 we used this interface and we want to go on using it.

The User Interface was build without any plug in just by adding the required Autodesk lybraries to the VS C# development. I GUESS the basis for this Interface came from the Snowman sample  but I am not sure. Anyway I guess the problem is not related to Inventor and the Add in. It is more related to VS C# Express and the fact that we now updated to VS Professional.

This is what I get :

Migration#1.JPG

Can you support in this matter ?

Thank you / Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Message 4 of 6
MjDeck
in reply to: TIMOHART

I thought it was a problem with an IntentV3 project (ETOPROJ), but it's a CSPROJ file.

Did you try to follow the Microsoft link in the error message?
Are you using Visual Studio 2012 Professional?

Can you zip up the original project and solution and source files (the original versions, before they were opened in Visual Studio Professional) to Intent.Support@autodesk.com ?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
MjDeck

This is a long shot, but (as a test) can you create a new C# project in Visual Studio? You could try creating a new C# Project of the type Class Library.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
TIMOHART

Mike,

Don't worry anymore we solved the problem. Instead of double click the solution we try to open the SLN from visual studio Professional and then it worked . Practically the SLN was linked to the wrong part of the VS . It was linked to the version selector of VS 2012.

Thank you though for your effords and sorry for any trouble caused. Sometime it looks very complicated but its very simple.

Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report