Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with missing or messed up functionality (rant)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nmunro
567 Views, 4 Replies

What's up with missing or messed up functionality (rant)

It seems like I run into at least one "not implemented" method or property on every project, and it seems to be worse developing on a 64 machine (not that there should be any difference).

Latest one, trying to get Edges associated with a FilletConstantRadiusEdgeSet. In VBA, this fails the with the general  80004005 error code, typically meaning this method or property is not implemented.

Is this a 64bit problem? Sorry, don't have a 32 bit machine handy to try it here. If not, can we please get a halt to objects that are not fully implemented, especially when there is information in the help (another topic entirely) as to how it is designed to work.

There have been a few posts on things that seem to be issues in 2011, with no reply from any of the Autodesk regulars. Most noticibly is the behaviour (or the lack thereof) of running IV commands via the CommandManager.ControlDefinitions().Execute method.  I've posted on some that don't work in VBA, and there are reports of it being disfunctional in C#.NET projects.

A general reply as to whether these are on any radar screen would be appreciated. Feel fee to add any experiences you've had along the same lines.

https://c3mcad.com

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
YuhanZhang
in reply to: nmunro

Thanks to reflect this issue. I see the same issue both on 32 bit and 64 bit machines, and addressed this issue with tracking number 1356918.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
noontz
in reply to: YuhanZhang

I´ll pick up your invitation:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/OldVersions-disable-possible/td-p/2768...

No replies & seemingly no solution ATM.

Message 4 of 5
YuhanZhang
in reply to: nmunro

I got a reminder from my colleague about this question, and recalled that this is as designed(sorry for my mistake), and the correct way to get the FilletConstantRadiusEdgeSet is that you have to rollback the fillet feature as the edge set the fillet feature based on would disappear after creating the fillet. To rollback the fillet feature you could call the API FilletFeature.SetEndOfPart(True), then you can retrieve the FilletConstantRadiusEdgeSet you need.

Hope this clarifys.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
nmunro
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Thanks Rocky. The help does have this little gem of information, finding it is not very easy.  Any chance you can check into the other issues brought up here that haven't been addressed.

https://c3mcad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report