Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weldment API

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
FarrenYoung
741 Views, 5 Replies

Weldment API

I am wondering if it is still not possible to create welds through the API. If this feature still doesn't exist (couldn't find it in the API) can anyone from Autodesk say whether this feature will be added in the near future?
Thanks
--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: FarrenYoung

Sorry, the API still does not support creation of welds. While it is on our
list, I can't comment on when this may become available.

Sanjay-
Message 3 of 6
swordmaster
in reply to: Anonymous

Sanjay,

Is if possible to suppress welds in the API? and if so can you point me in the right direction. The ilogic function Feature.IsActive does not work. If this is possible in the API i want to incorporate the code into my ilogic rule

thanks

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 4 of 6

No, unfortunately this is not possible. Sorry.

Message 5 of 6

ok, that is a pity.

I have a number of components whose suppression state is controlled with ilogic rules. I wanted to add the welds to all of these components. Then update the ilogic rule to include the supression state of the component welds

End result being that when a component is suppressed the weld for that component is suppressed also.

I find it a little suprising that I can suppress the individual welds manually via the inventor browser panel but not programatically.

However if thats how it is...............then i can live with this 🙂

thanks 

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 6 of 6
Kaos26
in reply to: FarrenYoung

Hey... then it is not posible to create a weld... but is it posible to get the weld from an assambly???

I wanna get the features from an assambly because im looking for the lenght from each weld, but when im getting the report, the only thing i get its the total lenght... please help!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report