Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS2012 and Inventor 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mslosar
264 Views, 2 Replies

VS2012 and Inventor 2013

This'll be fun...i have a box aboub 2 inches X 1/2 inches to type in for this 🙂 OK, i have VS2012 and Inventor 2013. I am trying to transfer some of our VBA routines to VB.Net. The problem seems to lie for me in compiling these things. EVERY time I get The command "
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mslosar
in reply to: mslosar

Argh...so you only get ONE shot to edit a post??

I've had to go to major lengths to get this far. I cannot open a forum listing page here without my IE locking up (and i don't have the ability to switch browsers). All other pages are fine, but the forum listings lock me up. And that's the only place to create a new post....

My last post got eaten so lets try take 3.

Essentially, i've got VS2012 and Inventor 2013.

I'm trying to create a new/first addin and we're trying to create icons on the ribbon for them. I've decided to get that process down first. I've been trying the write up here: http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/02/bitmaps-without-vb6-icontoipicture.html in the article it has a download for a functioning version. I've opened this and run the compile which states it compiled successfully. Problem is, i can't get it to open in inventor. I've got it publishing to the ...\inventor 2013\bin folder. Again, it says it built successfully, but whether i use debug or manually open inventor, i can't get it to open.

Is there something i'm missing? This is getting really frustrating at this point.

Thanks

Mike

Message 3 of 3
wayne.brill
in reply to: mslosar

Hi Mike,

I would use a tool like Process Monitor and filter on the name of the Add-In dll. When in Inventor starts you can see if the dll is accessed.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cb56073f-62a3-4ed8-9dd6-40c84cb9e2f5.aspx

Double check the .addin file. Is the name of the assembly correct? If it is using a path is that correct? Also is the .addin file being found?  (you could also use processmonitor to check).

There is a Add-Ins command on the Inventor Tools tab.The AddIn should be in the list in the Add-In manager.

You should also be able to add a break point and step through the code when Inventor is accessing the dll.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report