Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[VBA] Macro starting time

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
517 Views, 4 Replies

[VBA] Macro starting time

Hi,

I added two macros to be run from a button in the ribbon.  The first time I run one of these macros after startup of Inventor, it takes a lot of time to run (approx. 5 sec.).  But the second and subsequent time the tools are ran, the process is pretty much instantaneous.  It's like the VBAeditor has to load on the background before the tool can process.

I arrived a this hypothesis because the VBAeditor is taking around 5-10 seconds to load for the first time but after the tool (macro) has ran once, the VBAeditor can be opened instantaneously.

I was wondering if this is a known issue and if there is a workaround.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jletcher
in reply to: Anonymous

This one I can say YES it is know .

Do you have it set to load macro on start up of Inventor?

Even so the 1st time is slow....

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jletcher

That is what we call mutual help 🙂
Message 4 of 5
ekinsb
in reply to: Anonymous

This isn't an issue anymore with Inventor 2014.  Although the topic may not sound like it does, but this post attempts to explain the performance issues with VBA in previous releases.

http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2013/09/using-ms-access-databases-with-inventor-2014-vba....

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ekinsb

Thanks, it was pretty informative.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report