Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB.Net iLogic Rule Stopped Working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
danmorick
879 Views, 2 Replies

VB.Net iLogic Rule Stopped Working

I have a rule in iLogic that I was testing as "Straight VB.Net" on various assemblies.  It was working alright, but I was making some minor tweaks to eliminate errors.  Now, all of a sudden, it is unresponsive.  Completely.  No errors, no "busy" symbol over my pointer, just nothing.  I put in the line MsgBox("Begin") as the first line of the program to see if it was even getting into it, and still there is no response.  I run the rule, and absolutely nothing happens.  I tried writing it in iLogic instead, and that does make something happen.  Can anyone tell me what might cause the VB.Net element of iLogic to stop working, and hopefully how to correct the problem as well?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.nagy
in reply to: danmorick

Hi,

Can you reproduce it with even a small sample document with a minimal sample iLogic code in a rule that you could post here?

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 3
danmorick
in reply to: adam.nagy

Here's a simple example part with a simple rule in it.  As far as I can tell, the rule should work as "straight vb", but it doesn't:

Sub Main()
MsgBox("hi")
End Sub

As far as the original rule that prompted my post, I rewrote it in iLogic format, and it now works fine.  But I'd like to have the option to write rules as VB.Net, and it just seems that maybe I'm missing some software element required to have that capability.  At one time it was working, and now it isn't.

If it runs as straight vb on your end, then I'd say that is the case, but I don't know what I'd have to install to fix it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report