Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB form auto refresh iproperties

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1337 Views, 4 Replies

VB form auto refresh iproperties

I'm creating a VB.exe (Visual Basic 2010 Express) tool that displays iProperties for Inventor using a running session of Inventor. How do I automatically refresh the display on the form when you switch the active inventor document tab within Inventor?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

you could delegate the event ApplicationEvents.OnActivateDocument.   in this event, when BeforeOrAfter =kAfter , get the current activate document, get its iProperties and update your dialog accordingly. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

I received the same solution from Dan Vang. Thanks to you both. I was able to get this to work. When I change the document in Inventor the form refreshes nicely.

Message 4 of 5
bastiaanm
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Gary.Belisle,

I try also uptodate Iproperties in Inventor. Can you help me with some code? (Visual Basic 2010 Express)

I am surprised that it is not standard that iProperties being shown live within Inventor.

Thanks, Bastiaan Maalman

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: bastiaanm

'  Add these two declatations

Dim _invApp As Inventor.Application

Public appEvents As Inventor.ApplicationEvents

'  Add this subroutine

Public Sub appEvents_OnActivateDocument(ByVal docObject As Inventor.Document, _

ByVal b_or_a As Inventor.EventTimingEnum, _

ByVal context As Inventor.NameValueMap, _

ByRef handlingCode As Inventor.HandlingCodeEnum)

If b_or_a = Inventor.EventTimingEnum.kAfter Then

'  Add your cade to this subroutine. for example below, iproperties are refreshed by performing

'  a button click after an inventor document is activated.

MsgBox("Document activated!")

Me.Invoke(New Action(AddressOf Button_RefreshProperties.Performclick))

End If

End Sub

Public Sub YourMainSub()

' Add these to your main sub routine.

appEvents = _invApp.ApplicationEvents

AddHandler appEvents.OnActivateDocument, AddressOf Me.appEvents_OnActivateDocument

End Sub

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report