Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault browser not updating correct with vault 2014 subscription release

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
noontz
417 Views, 1 Reply

Vault browser not updating correct with vault 2014 subscription release

I´m experiencing a weird behavior in the inventor vaultbrowser after installing the new Subscriptionrelease for vaultpro 2014.

On a checkin / checkout via vault API the icon in some circumstances indicates a newer local file, but the true state is uptoDate, confirmed in the standalone vaultpro client.  Pressing refresh in inventor vault browser does not help ( neither calling the command via API ).

"Funny" thing is that AFTER checking the state in the standalone client, pressing refresh suddenly shows the correct state?????

So please : Has the internal inventor vault browser been deprecated with the new subscriptionrelease? Is there new features in the inventor API we should call to get a correct state in the inventor vault browser? Any hotfix?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
noontz
in reply to: noontz

Receiving an extremely friendly and competent help from some cool fellows at AutoDesk, I found a hack that solves my ( and probably yours since you are reading this ) problem.

Inventor Vault Client in Post Subscription Build 2014 evaluates the status via a small associated .v file in a hidden _V folder in the same directory as the file. Deleting this .v file prior to a "refresh" of the inventor vault browser will force the creation of a new .v file providing the correct information to evaluate the status icon.

Please be aware that this hack comes with absolutely "NO WARRANTY", it is not supported officially, and it should only be used in the rare cases where vault API calls do not update the .v file properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report