Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using apprentice to write iproperties interference from the Vault

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MATTR
437 Views, 1 Reply

using apprentice to write iproperties interference from the Vault

I am using an excel macro to open drawings for each part in an assembly and in the macro I am using apprentice to fill in custom iproperties in the drawing which fill out the release block that we use when we send a print to the floor.  This works great if the idw file is checked out from the vault.  however if it is not checked out apprentice cannont save the iproperties which means they aren't there when the drawing opens.  Is it possible to check out a part using apprentice?  Or maybe there is a better way to do this?  I would rethar not have to check out a drawing manualy and then fill in the i properties and then undo the check out after I print etc.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
banditos
in reply to: MATTR

Hello Mattr,

I cant help you with Vault but I'm interested to learn how to access iProperties with an Excel macro. Can you send me an example code snippet that can manage this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report