Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a macro to enable copy model iProperty setting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
steven_t_gunderson
1019 Views, 3 Replies

Using a macro to enable copy model iProperty setting

We have recently found the feature of copying the model iProperties to the drawing would be beneficial to searching for files in our ERP database. I am looking for a way to turn on the ability to copy model iProperties and select which properties to copy with a macro. There are several articles showing how to enable the feature and several ways to macro the same process. I have not been able to find a way to turn it on with a macro.

We plan to adjust our templates to enable the feature on all new drawings and add additional custom iProperties to the models that were previously only used in the drawings. I have wrote a macro to add iProperties to existing models that didn't have them when they were created. Now I am looking for a way to enable everything in the drawing. I see a great benefit to clicking a single button to enable the copy model iProperties feature and select several iProperties that will be copied without having to do it manually for every old drawing.

Is there a way to access the check box to enable this and to select properties within the API? If not, would creating a macro to do the copy from the model to the drawing be the best way to create that functionality in an older drawing or not? We have a little program that will give programmatic control over the mouse but creating code to access the feature that way would be more hassle than teaching our users to manually check the boxes.

Steve G

Mechanical Designer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Steve,

I thought you were looking for the similar ability of UI. But after I consulted with our product support team, they have no idea what you referred to. Could you just attach a snapshot allows us better understand? particularly, the check box.
Message 3 of 4

Within the document settings for a drawing, on the drawing tab, there is a button called "Copy Model iProperty Settings... " this brings you to the settings dialog box which has a check box to enable Copy Model iProperties. Checking the box will enable a list of iProperties found in the drawing which you would like to enable inventor to copy from the model to the drawing's iProperties.

I am looking for a way within the API to check the box highlighted in red and then any iProperties in the list.

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I do not find DrawingSettings exposes the relevant option to toogle the setting, but it is feasible to implement the similar ability by the current API. I wrote a blog as below:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2013/12/copy-iproperties-of-model-document-to-drawing-do...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report