Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UserInterfaceVersion what on earth does this explanation mean?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
oransen
317 Views, 3 Replies

UserInterfaceVersion what on earth does this explanation mean?

In the .AddIn file there is an entry

UserInterfaceVersion

but I have only been able to find two explanations, identical, and which to my three neurons is pure gobbledeegook.

"Specifies the version of the user interface of the add-in. Incrementing this version results in all of the addin’s UI getting cleaned up during Inventor start-up."

Getting cleaned up?

And what are valid values?

My poor brain....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Vladimir.Ananyev
in reply to: oransen

UserInterfaceVersion is an integer number (0,1,2,3,...)

If you change it then UI of your AddIn will be completely regenerated from scratch by your Activate method.
Cheers,

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
oransen
in reply to: Vladimir.Ananyev

So you mean that the numbers are  the addin writer's version numbers?

So that if an addin has a new "version of the gui", incrementing that number tells Inventor to regenerate the addin's part of the ribbon?

I, the addin writer, choose the number, and presumably Inventor looks for increments in the number.

I know I've said the same thing three different ways, but I do have only three neurons!

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Vladimir.Ananyev
in reply to: oransen

>> So that if an addin has a new "version of the gui", incrementing that number tells Inventor to regenerate the addin's part of the ribbon? 

You may assign arbitrary integer value (and of course you may interpret it as the gui version number). If it differs from the previous then Inventor  consider the situation as the very first start of your addin and regenerates addin's UI in ribbon from scratch.

Cheers,

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report