Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use original Inventor-icons in ad-in

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
j_schweigert
325 Views, 1 Reply

Use original Inventor-icons in ad-in

Hello,

I have written an ad-in for inventor and want to sell it at the Exchange App Store.

To make the usage more intuitive, I've integrated some inventor-icons such as constraint-, grounded- or flexible-symbols.

But I am a little concerned about the copyright of these icons: How can I find out, whether it is compatible with Autodesks copyright?

Or it's okay for Autodesk to use it, if it helps making the ad-ins easier?

Greetings and thank you for your help!

Julian

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adam.nagy
in reply to: j_schweigert

Hi Julian,

This page contains icon guidelines about the App's icon, but does not mention the icons used inside the AddIn:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=20149658

I think it should be OK to use them inside an AddIn if the icon and the related command's usage is consistent with the internal functionality. You should submit the app that way. If I'm wrong then you'll be asked to change the icons, but you won't lose anything really: you'll only spend time on creating different icons if you really have to. 🙂

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report