Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use form buttons without dialog boxes?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
TommySWE
361 Views, 7 Replies

Use form buttons without dialog boxes?

This sounds like a silly question at first, but is there a way to use the form buttons in the "Forms" or "Global Forms" tabs without having to see the actual form? I.e. can I use a form button to trigger a rule directly?

This is to avoid having to go into Rules/External Rules, find the rule, right click it and run - instead I would have some "Rules" run by form buttons from those tabs instead. Is this doable?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: TommySWE

You can start a rule from a form button.

You can suppress the rule in the tree and fire it from a form button, only when you need it... but you have to open the form where is the button...

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
TommySWE
in reply to: CCarreiras

Yeah I would like to be able to skip opening the form, or somehow make it an invisible operation if possible.

Message 4 of 8
LukeDavenport

Hi TommySWE,

Does this blog help?

http://bit.ly/ZS822x

Luke

Message 5 of 8
TommySWE
in reply to: LukeDavenport

Well, both yes and no. It does what I already know, to make a form with a button to launch a rule. I want the rule to execute immediately when pressing the button in the "Forms" tab, without having to interact with a dialog box, just to save a step. This doesn't seem possible as far as anyone has been able to tell me this far. Its just a small thing to skip an unnecessary step in some cases.

Message 6 of 8
LukeDavenport

Hi TommySWE,

Did you read the blog properly? I think it describes exactly what you are looking for - you can click a button on the 'forms' tab which will activate a rule not a form. 

Luke

Message 7 of 8
TommySWE
in reply to: LukeDavenport

I did now 😄

It is indeed exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a bunch!

Message 8 of 8
LukeDavenport

Haha. Excellent!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report