Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn on/off layer text in each sheet

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
GosponZ
407 Views, 3 Replies

Turn on/off layer text in each sheet

Our drawings are  multi sheets. In title block is some text that we do not need on all sheets. My question is it possible to turn on/off text in title block for each sheet.If i have text in one sheet but not in few others.

I have rule where i can turn on/off layer with specific text in title block but only problem is if i do so then i turn off text in all sheets. Can you guys help?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Vladimir.Ananyev
in reply to: GosponZ

TextBox object has Layer property that gets and sets the layer associated with this object.

So you may create special Layer for “invisible” TextBoxes and move desired TextBox object to this layer at any moment.

See also  “Moving sketch entities to a new layer API Sample “ in the Inventor API Help.

Cheers,

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
GosponZ
in reply to: Vladimir.Ananyev

I did try but with no success. Do you have any iLogic code that i could use?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Vladimir.Ananyev
in reply to: GosponZ

Texts are turned on/off in all sheets because all these sheets use TitleBlock objects with the same TitleBlockDefinition.  If you are able to create several TitleBlock definitions that differ by some text visibility you may programmatically (via iLogic rule) replace the current TitleBlock by another one with different definition. 

Inventor API Help provides several code samples for TitleBlockDefinition Object:

• TitleBlockCopy
  • InsertTitleBlockOnSheet
  • CreateTitleBlockDefinition

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report