Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titleblock - How Display the Units shown?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tdswanson
445 Views, 3 Replies

Titleblock - How Display the Units shown?

Hello:

I use a single IDW template for all my drawings.  In it, I've got multiple dim styles....  One is Inch, one is mm, and one shows alternate units as Inch (mm).

In my titleblock, I've got a box that says "Units: " and I've currently got this setup as a prompted entry so that I'll have to think about it when I start the drawing and manually enter "Inches" or "mm" or "Inch (mm)".

Is there a way to automate this so I don't have to manually enter it, or remember to change it if the units change down the line? 

Thanks!

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: tdswanson

Hi,

I did not try, but the first I think of is to embed an auto macro with the template and do the job in auto open. Is it helpful?

Message 3 of 4

further thinking: probably it may help if you could try with iLogic event [After Open Document ]. i.e. embed the rule to the template document, ask Inventor to run the rule when document is opened. 

Message 4 of 4
tdswanson
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Yes, I've got a plan together now.  I'm going to start programming today.....  I'll post the results here.

Thx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report