Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Creation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Chassuer
299 Views, 3 Replies

Tag Creation

I have saftey and caution tags that my company uses on the machines we design and build, We have to place them in the model to show actual locations so the shop guys know where to place the tags.

I am using the emboss for the text of the tags, but I can not figure out what to use for the graphic part of the tage. Here is the part. Any one have a suggestion on how i can get the grahic part to show up on an IDW.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
salariua
in reply to: Chassuer

You need to use inlcude model sketches and change color to black. See bellow.

624.gif

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Chassuer
in reply to: salariua

Is there a way to make it so I do not have to go to the tag and turn the sketch on. Is there a way in the model to have this part stay on? The reason I ask is there are sometime up to 7 places we have top place the tag on the machine. So that would mean every place i have the tag in the IDW i would have to do the what is being shown here. If not then I will just have my guys do it this way. After a few weeks of them grumbling it will be second nature to them.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
salariua
in reply to: Chassuer

I am not aware of another way except maybe inserting it as a symbol in the drawing but then you need to worry about scale of the tag matching the part.

This way you can have the tag as an image as well and it will be brought forward in the drawing.

When you use the "get model sketches" they all come so you only need to get it once for all instances, but you can turn visibility of sketches independent afterward in the drawing to hide some of them if you want.

You are correct that you would need to use this procedure on every drawing.

How are you doing this tags? with ifeature?

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report