Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start New Inventor Project with VB standalone

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
gm
Explorer
236 Views, 0 Replies

Start New Inventor Project with VB standalone

I am new to the method of trying to perform simple everday tasks in inventor through VB. the start of the project is real simple creating windows directories for file storage of doucuments.  What I want to do is create an inventor project at the same time and store in the directory created by windows file system.

I have the invetor interop reference added to the project.  My questions are

1. What is the code, or what is the logic behind the code to create the text file for the .ipj ?

a.)Can you pull together an .ipj project from nothing, or do you copy the Inventor Default file and copy to the new directory using the windows file system.

2. Once the file is created is it possible to modify as single user and set the library/style paths?

Thanks, for any help.  If this is covered in the forums or on Brian Ekins site fell free to point out its been under my nose this whole time.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report