Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start Inventor via command line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
paola.cacciotti
3499 Views, 4 Replies

start Inventor via command line

Hi,

is there a way to start Inventor via the classic windows command promt? I tried "Inventor.exe /?" and, at the end of program load, a messagebox appears with a small list of command line arguments (see attachment)

So, i think that *ALL* the commands could be injected inside a text file with the option RUNTEXTCOMMANDFILE:<FILENAME>

....but.....which command???

I need to do a sequential list of operations, like download the most up-tp-date idw from vault, make a dwg and reload them (with the new dwg created)...and probably also others operations.

All of this can't be done with the Autodesk Task Manager

Is there a complete list of ALL arguments can be sent via command line?

Thanks in advance

- Dave

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Dean
in reply to: paola.cacciotti

The dialog you see when Inventor is opened, showing the Command line help shows all the STARTUP options.

If you want to customize how Inventor starts and what is performed, then you should use the Inventor API to create either an Add-in or a Macro that you can run. There is also the iLogic option inside Inventor.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 5
paola.cacciotti
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Thank you very much for the reply, but substantially you didn't answer me.

I know that i can create an AddIn or a Macro using the Inventor APIs...and i know that Inventor has iLogic inside, but my question is: can i run some Inventor-specific commands inside the option RUNTEXTCOMMANDFILE ?

I need to automate a IDW to DWG process downloading specific files from Vault, so i know that i will made some hard work with API, and i don't think (but i can be wrong, of course) that iLogic can help me. In this scenario Inventor must run silently and completely itself, without any user interation.

Which commands may i put inside the RUNTEXTCOMMANDFILE? Is there a list anywhere? Or a few examples?

Thank you very much

- Dave

Message 4 of 5
Jon.Dean
in reply to: paola.cacciotti

The command RUNTEXTCOMMANDFILE is an undocumented feature mainly used in the Debug environment.

There is nothing you could use to open files from Vault.

It would not be suitable for your needs.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 5 of 5
paola.cacciotti
in reply to: Jon.Dean

OK i understand. So it's better to remove that message if is for Autodesk Team Developer Only

We can close the ticket BUT THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION!

Hope you will understand

- Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report