Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketched Symbol Position

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
david123
278 Views, 7 Replies

Sketched Symbol Position

Does anybody know of an issue or situation
where the <.position> property of a sketched
symbol will return 0,0 instead of its position on the sheet?
IV8 Pro.SP1.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: david123

> Does anybody know of an issue or situation > where the <.position> property of a sketched > symbol will return 0,0 instead of its position on the sheet? > IV8 Pro.SP1. It's only a problem with the sketchedsymbols inserted manual. If the symbol is inserted with code the position.x and position.y are working fine. (in cm) Regards, Jan Terpstra
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I can insert any sketched symbol manual and retrieve the X and Y positions, so I doubt that's the problem. "Jan Terpstra" wrote in message news:406dee6e_1@newsprd01... > > Does anybody know of an issue or situation > > where the <.position> property of a sketched > > symbol will return 0,0 instead of its position on the sheet? > > IV8 Pro.SP1. > > It's only a problem with the sketchedsymbols inserted manual. If the symbol > is inserted with code the position.x and position.y are working fine. (in > cm) > > Regards, > Jan Terpstra > >
Message 4 of 8
david123

It does seem that symbols inserted with code do
return a position property other than 0,0, on my
installation anyway.
But this it is not in sheet coordinates, it must be
definition sketch coordinates!.
But why is the position property working correctly
on some installations and not others.?

Is it possible that Autodesk can clear this up.
It has been going on quite a while now.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

> It does seem that symbols inserted with code do > return a position property other than 0,0, on my > installation anyway. > But this it is not in sheet coordinates, it must be > definition sketch coordinates!. > But why is the position property working correctly > on some installations and not others.? > > Is it possible that Autodesk can clear this up. > It has been going on quite a while now. The coordinate are in cm. Strange thing is that the code is working today ok ?!? Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Dim blad As Sheet Set blad = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet Dim rev3 As SketchedSymbol aantschetsen = blad.SketchedSymbols.Count For i = 1 To aantschetsen schetsnaam = UCase(blad.SketchedSymbols.Item(i).Definition.Name) If schetsnaam = "REV3" Then Set rev3 = blad.SketchedSymbols.Item(i) puntX = rev3.Position.X puntY = rev3.Position.Y End If Next ......... End Sub Regards Jan Terpstra
Message 6 of 8
david123

Jan,
I have tried similar code before.
I tried yours again anyway, but it returned 0,0 no
matter where the symbol is on the sheet.

I need to resove this to continue with my application.

David.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

> Jan, > I have tried similar code before. > I tried yours again anyway, but it returned 0,0 no > matter where the symbol is on the sheet. > > I need to resove this to continue with my application. > > David. A long shot: I did made the default.ivb in Inv. 8 Pro, then updated Inv. Pro to sp1. This didn't solve the problem. Then I used the default.ivb on an Inv. 8 (no Pro) version and changed a little bit. Back on the Inv. 8 Pro it was working like it should. Regards, Jan
Message 8 of 8
david123

Not sure what you are getting at Jan, but tried it all
anyway without any luck.
Have tried on both IV8 Pro SP1 and IV7.
Have tried the default.ivb without success.

Does anybody know the best way to contact
Autodesk regarding API functionality to get some
feedback on this?

David.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report