Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal - Bend Table (vba)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1431 Views, 5 Replies

Sheet Metal - Bend Table (vba)

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with adding a bend table to a sheet metal in vba (in inventor 2012). If I set a bend table manually then I can select "General" table, which makes a table with 'Bend ID' 'Bend Direction' 'bend radius' and 'Bend Angle'. But when I do it in vba:

Dim strColumns(1 To 3) As String
    strColumns(1) = "BEND ID"
    strColumns(2) = "BEND RADIUS"
    strColumns(3) = "BEND ANGLE"

Call oSheet.CustomTables.AddBendTable(oModel, oPoint6, "Bend Table", strColumns)

I get a bend table with 5 columns and the bendnotes on the baseview dont appear. (which I can understand cause u put in a file reference (=oModel) and not a reference to the baseview). I'am looking to place the general bend table in a form like this:

call oSheet.addGeneralTable(oBaseView, oPoint6)

Can't find it on the internet, can't find it on the forums, can't find it on API help, can't even make a style with the stylemanager. Any ideas? I added a picture which pinpoints the problem :smileywink: Did make a post on General Discussion, but no reply was given 😞

cheers!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
YuhanZhang
in reply to: Anonymous

This wishlist for creating a Bend Table using a drawing view as input was logged already, you can provide the number 1393344 to query its status. 

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Thanks, to bad there is no work around for this!

cheers

Message 4 of 6
kahn.cad
in reply to: YuhanZhang

@YuhanZhang Any news on this issue, log No.1393344? It seems that until now this feature still pending. In 2020, the user still cannot customize the Bend Table via API.

Message 5 of 6
inulobo

I am also looking for something like this.

Message 6 of 6
bsnyderACLUW

also looking for this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report