Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup creation - Addin

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
naresh_kalyan
768 Views, 4 Replies

Setup creation - Addin

Hi all,

I have created a addin for Inventor 2014 using VB.net 2010. Now, I would like to create a setup/ installshield application which places the files into the respective directories. Example..

ABC.dll need to be placed in [Inventor 2014 Installation directory]

ABC.addin need to be placed in [C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Addins]

Anyone's help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards

NKalyan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gadurai
in reply to: naresh_kalyan

Hi Kalyan,

You can set the target directory of your output file  and other files in the setup creation.

Addoutput file and set the target directory as "Inventor 2014 Installation directory"

Add file and then set target directory as "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Addins\"

The following  may help you to understand better in creating setup file.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4JgBdPQYIA\

Regards,

Appadurai.G

Message 3 of 5
naresh_kalyan
in reply to: gadurai

Garurai,

Thanks for the quick reply. Can we put a Generic path of Inventor 2014 installation directory in Setup project?

Like in Inventor --> Application options, we used to see %INSTALLDIR%

Thanks in advance.

Regards

NKalyan

Message 4 of 5
gadurai
in reply to: naresh_kalyan

Sorry this is not possible.Beacuse the "%INSTALLDIR%" is getting from Inventor Application.This you cannot get in the VS setup.

I hope you can create some script to read inventors installation directory while installing.

The Addin file should be in the follwing directory only depends on your OS and version dependency.But your DLL can be anywhere and not neccessay to be in the Inventor's Installation folder.

Version Independent:

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor Addins\

Windows7/Vista:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor Addins

Version Dependent:

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Addins\

Windows7/Vista:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Addins\

You can specify the DLL path in the Addin file Itself and you can put your required DLL in to the Desired folder.

There are 3 ways to specify the location of the DLL:

1. A full path including the dll name.
  2. Only the dll name. Inventor will look for this dll in the <InstallPath>\bin\ folder followed by the folder in which the .addin manifest was found (i.e. same folder as the .addin file).
  3. A relative path including the dll name. Inventor will search for the dll in the specified relative path starting at the <InstallPath>\bin\ folder followed by a search in the specified relative path starting at the folder in which the .addin manifest was found.

Please refer : http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/add-in-creation/

Regards,

Appadurai.G

If this helped,Please Accept this as Solutions.

Message 5 of 5
naresh_kalyan
in reply to: gadurai

Yes, it is solved. Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report