Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set the view size in a drawing using iLogic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bmerton
919 Views, 3 Replies

Set the view size in a drawing using iLogic

I am looking to set the absolute size of a drawing view using iLogic.  The snippets only have a facility for returning the view size.  Surely there must be some way to fix the size, so that if the model part actual size changes, only the scale will automatically change, while the view size will remain the same??

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RodrigoEiras
in reply to: bmerton

Hi bmerton,

It seems width and size cannot be set. You should vary the size of the view setting the scale.

If you check the properties Width or Height for a DrawingView in Inventor Help, you find the following message:

"Property that specifies the height/width of the drawing view. The view height/width cannot be set but is defined by the contents of the view"

I hope it helps.

Message 3 of 4
bmerton
in reply to: RodrigoEiras

Thanks but this doesn't really help as I had already seen this in the snippets.

It seems very odd that there isn't a method via iLogic to circumvent this.  Anyone have any ideas.

Message 4 of 4
adam.nagy
in reply to: bmerton

Hi,

You can set the drawing view size indirectly through the scale property

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2014/11/set-drawing-view-width.html

So you could have e.g. a user parameter with the size you want and then keep setting the view's size back to that value.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report