Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK help says no wizard install neccessary for VC but...

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
oransen
754 Views, 5 Replies

SDK help says no wizard install neccessary for VC but...

I've installed the developer tools:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\SDK\DeveloperTools\

The Inventor 2013 API help file says that the Wizard sub directory will be empty because the SDK install does the VS2010 template install.

But the

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\SDK\DeveloperTools\Tools\Wizards

is NOT empty and the SDK install did NOT (as far as I can see) install the VC or VBA or C# Inventor project templates in my VS10.

Should I run the InventorWizards.msi even though the help file tells me I don't need to?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
oransen
in reply to: oransen

Hmmm. No replies. Not very encouraging for C++ Inventor developers...

Message 3 of 6
adam.nagy

Hi,

If you have a Wizard folder with the msi and the templates are not available in VS, then yes, run the Wizard's installer.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 4 of 6
oransen
in reply to: adam.nagy

Yes, I did that and it does work. I wonder why the help suggest otherwise, hey ho.

Now to find a nice pool of C++ examples for a standalone exe...

Message 5 of 6
YuhanZhang

Since Inventor 2013 the Inventor Wizards will be installed together with DeveloperTools.msi. Maybe the problem happened because you installed the VS and SDK DeveloperTools with below workflow:

1. Install VS 2010.

2. Install DeveloperTools.

3. Start VS 2010.

And now if you check the wizards for the VS it is not available.

The correct workflow should be:

1. Install VS2010.

2. Start VS2010 to initialize the VS start-up settings, like the default language. This step will also create the folder for VS wizard templates, the folder is required for Inventor SDK, otherwise Inventor SDK won't install the wizards templates to the VS and so you can't use it.

3. Install Inventor SDK DeveloperTools.msi.

4. Start VS2010, now you should find the Inventor Wizards in VS.

If you install a VS after the SDK, you should make sure you ever start the VS once, and then re-install the SDK DeveloperTools to enable the Inventor Wizards.

Hope this explains what you encountered and can solve the problems. 

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
oransen
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Thanks for the details.

I've solved the problem, I ignored the help file (I had no choice) and the wizards got installed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report