Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run an Addin from VB

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
476 Views, 2 Replies

Run an Addin from VB

Morning and a Happy New Year to All,

It seems that it is never too early in the year to be baffled by Inventor and VB!

I am writing an external program to place various iFeatures into a model, from a custom UI.

Sometime previous to my starting at the company, an Addin was written to add crosshairs and a work point when an iFeature is added manually (this is to allow some compatibility with EdgeCam I believe).

When my program puts in an iFeature, the addin doesn't run (presumably because the triggers aren't being fired from my program).

Is there any (easy) was to get trigger an addin event - something along the lines of

invApp.Addins("iFeaure Addin").Run

or is it going to be easier to rewrite the iFeautre addin (to which I don't have the code)?

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Jon

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jon,

This is only doable if the addin expose a COM callable interface. So if it doesn't and you don't have the source code, then I'm affraid you will have to rewrite it yourself.

Here are couple of links you may find helpful:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/07/connecting-an-inventor-addin-from-an-external-ap...

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/07/connect-to-an-inventor-add-in-an-external-applic...

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

Hi Philippe,

Very useful reading, and a new source of information.

Thanks

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report