Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing content center part with a standard part in Assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sandhus
224 Views, 1 Reply

Replacing content center part with a standard part in Assembly

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if there is a way to change how a part is placed in an assembly. I have attached image for reference.

I would like to change 10297-477 with a standard part, but inventor doesn't allow me to do that. Even though I browse and select a standard inventor model, it replaces it with a content center part.

Or is there a way to convert a content center part to a standard part and then replace it with our model? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
drewbobmarsh
in reply to: sandhus

Not sure why inventor wont allow you to change a content part to a standard part? How are you attempting to do this / what method are you trying?

Also, if you open a Content centre part, then save it as a seperate part by using the"save as" option, then this should make it an individual part. But you will need to break the links to the content centre by making it a "substitute". To do this right click on the "saved as" / seperate part, so the options appear on the screen then click "substitute". Hope this helps.

Drew 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report