Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace "File-New" & "File-Open" using a Visual Basic.Net "Addin"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
isocam
286 Views, 2 Replies

Replace "File-New" & "File-Open" using a Visual Basic.Net "Addin"

Can anybody help?

Is it possible to replace Inventors "File-New" & "File-Open" using a Visual Basic.Net "Addin"?

I want to be able to run my own exe files that would be displayed instead of Inventors New & Open dialog boxes.

I have already created an "Addin" that replaces the "Save" command.

Any help would be grateful!

Many thanks in advance!!!!

Darren

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ekinsb
in reply to: isocam

There are two events supported on the FileUIEvents object that were designed specifically for this.  They are the OnFileNewDialog and OnFileOpenDialog.  These events are fired anytime the New or Open dialog is about to be displayed.  You can handle the event by getting the information needed (typically through your own dialog) and provide it to Inventor through arguments on the event.  Inventor will use this data and continue with the New or Open process and bypass showing the Inventor dialog.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 3
isocam
in reply to: ekinsb

Brian,

I am working with Kent Keller on this problem, If possible, can you post a sample VB.net function to achieve "OnFileNewDialog" and "OnFileOpenDialog"

This is so that Kent can add the functions to his existing "Addin" for inventor

Regards

Darren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report