Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming Inventor Parts

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
amitnkukanur
733 Views, 6 Replies

Renaming Inventor Parts

Hello,

I am doing a customization in Inventor for renaming. In assembly i called rename browser nodes and it successfully renamed in browser name, but when i rename the part by opening the part it still remains the same.

Any idea how to rename a part

rgds

amit

Senior Software Engineer
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jdkriek
in reply to: amitnkukanur

Need some additional information/clarification:

What are you trying to rename? FIlename, Partnumber, ect?

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Are you looking somthing similar to Design Assistant?

Message 4 of 7
amitnkukanur

Just like rename browser nodes in assembly. Here this option will rename all nodes in broswer node as per standards, but the renaming will not happen in individial parts. It Just rename in model tree, any chances to rename to part level.

Regards

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

It sounds like your wanting Design Assistant. Go to the file and right click on it, then choose "Design Assistant". This program will allow you to change the filename, part number, browser name, etc. without breaking the links to your model. It will break the link to any drawings you have, unless you run Design Assistant from the drawing (ie. right click on the drawing then choose design assistant).

Untitled.png

Message 6 of 7
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

add one more useful tool which is free and more powerful. It is produced by our Developer Technical Services team.

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/hierarchyclone/

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I've been trying to do the same thing. We work our prototypes until we come to a design platau. Our billing Dept. then assigns a part number for general use. I found that I too could change part numbers but could only go so far. I then read,

"If the active project is set to shared or semi-isolated, you cannot edit the iProperties on a file that is checked out to someone else or on the workgroup version of the file."(bold & italics mine)

If the file is refferanced....hmmm... I closed the file, infact I closed Inventor and opened Design Assistant outside of Inventor. As I had my prototype in a separate folder, I simply opened the folder and had access to all the files. There I found the files I had renamed and with a right click on the file I opened iproperties, engaged the Project tab and had the old part number splayed out and ready to fillet. The cancerous old number was then excised. 

The surgery was a success and the patient "IS ALIVE" (BWAH- HA HA- HA HA)!

Forgive please, this issue has driven me to a madness DEMANDING release. If you found this post you know what I am talking about. Now,... it is time to eat cake....yummy are the fruit of ones labor.

-palmhat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report