Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registry-free C++ AddIn with Inventor 2013 and Visual Studio 2010

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RichardErnstberger
936 Views, 2 Replies

Registry-free C++ AddIn with Inventor 2013 and Visual Studio 2010

Hi all,

i'm trying to move my C++ AddIn from Inventor 2010 to 2013.

I've read about the new type of registry free Addin.

I've downloaded the updated Developer Tools and created a new blank project with the wizard.

This works fine.

But by comparing the new projects structure with my current one in 2010 i see lots of differences.

Searching through the C++-Samples in the SDK directory i found none of them updated to the new version of Visual Studio and to registry free.

So i would kindly ask for a sample project (Visual Studio 2010, C++, registry free)

which will show a suitable way of implementing commands.

I'm also looking for a sample which inserts buttons and groups to the ribbon.

I've also read about a AddIn vor Visual Studio 2010 (creeating a toolbar) that should be installed by the Developer Tools for Inventor 2013.

My installation of the Developer Tools finished without any error but i can see no AddIn in Visual Studio 2010.

Is there a way to set up the AddIn manually?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Regards,

Richard

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi

It is same to implement commands, creating custom interface in registry-free and registry addin. You can still use the same codes in registry-free. 

clarify: no toolbar for VS. long time ago (long before 2010), the wizard did created a toolbar. But no toolbar anymore. The wizard just provides you the template of project to create addin.You will need to create commands, add interface yourself.

But, I think the AU material will be of much help for you. My colleauge Philippe prodduced some templates of custom interface, commands, events for developer's convenience. 

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=9028

Message 3 of 3

Hi Xiaodong,

thank you for the reply and the interesting link.

Though the material is targeted to C# and VB while my problem is with C++ i really enjoyed the explanation of the autoload mechanism via the .addin files.

But a real help for me was your post 'Notes for migrating C++ add-in to registry free' on adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing.

This helped me a lot and i was able to convert the rather old project to registry-free.

Many thanks,

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums