Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Gross" weight of an assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cmducote
368 Views, 1 Reply

"Gross" weight of an assembly

I work for a company that designs steel structures.  We use standard shape steel for the vast majority of what we make.  Given that, we need to know a fairly accurate weight of the steel to be ordered.  At first I thought the solution was to simply display the iProperties.Mass in a message box using ilogic.  Then I realized that this is the "net" weight of the assembly (minus all features such as extrusion cuts, holes, etc.)

Is it possible, using ilogic, to display the total "gross" weight of an assembly using ilogic?  I've stumbled across some code that will turn off the features in a part and from there I could obtain the correct mass, but I'm needing to do something like this from an assembly. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Vladimir.Ananyev
in reply to: cmducote

Hope this post is useful in your case

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/iLogic-Formual/td-p/3432217/highlight/...

Cheers,

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report