Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programming language for Addin to inventor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dylanrogers
368 Views, 1 Reply

programming language for Addin to inventor

I would like to program some addin's for my seat of inventor.  What would be the prefered programming language that would integrate well with the inventor software.

Dylan T. Rogers

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jonbrabbs
in reply to: dylanrogers

Hi Dylan,

It's personal preference really. I prefer VB.NET as I can program it, and most of the online help is in this format. There are also help files in C#. Also, if you're migrating from VBA, VB is the logical choice, as it is reasonably similar.

If you're learning to program, you may be better using VBA (the built in editor), and creating your test programs there. That'll give the best oppotunity to check your programs work.

There are loads of topics on this type of thing in the forums. You may be best looking around, and finding out what you're comfortable most with.

Cheers

Jon.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If this post helps you, please give kudos.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums