Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems printing to pdf with Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lornemartin
196 Views, 3 Replies

problems printing to pdf with Apprentice

Hi all,

I have some C# code that uses Apprentice to print files to pdf. I had posted about this here about half a year ago but had gotten busy with other projects and kind of pushed this back. Autodesk had asked for some sample code and drawings but this will be pretty hard to provide. (See my last post on the old thread). I would be grateful for any advice on how to set up some test code that somebody can use to reproduce my problem.

Thanks, 

Lorne Martin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

1. Could you please provide some detailes on Inventor/Vault versions and configurations you use.
  2. Do these unhappy drawings differ in some specific features or this effect may occur with any drawing?

Any additional information is useful for analysis.

Thanks

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4

Good questions, I should have specified. We are using 2014 Inventor and 2014 Vault Professional. Please note that on the computer that I am experiencing these issues, there is no Inventor installed.(That's why I'm using Apprentice).
The problem is only occurring in assembly drawings, never in parts drawings. Also I think only in assembly drawings with shaded views, although I can't be 100% sure on this one.
Regards,
Lorne Martin CNC Programming and Setup
Horst Welding Tel: (866) 567-4162 / Fax: (519) 291-5388 / www.horstwelding.com
[cid:image001.png@01CFB601.8A4BCE00][cid:image002.png@01CFB601.8A4BCE00][cid:image003.png@01CFB601.8A4BCE00]

Message 4 of 4
lornemartin
in reply to: lornemartin

I have been doing some additonal testing here. So far I have not been successful in reproducing the problem locally.  I am starting to wonder if it has something to do with copying and re-naming files to reflect multiple views of the same assembly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report