Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug in Build Error

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ADNpati
733 Views, 2 Replies

Plug in Build Error

Hello there,

I am convenrting VB 6.0 macros to Plug-in's... using Visual Basic 2010 Express.

After selecting AUtodesk InventorAddIn Template from Project templates when doing  build in Visual Studio 2010 express Getting Following Error..

Error 1 The command "call "%VS100COMNTOOLS%vsvars32"
mt.exe -manifest "C:\Users\amoolya\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\MyInvPlug\MyInvPlug.X.manifest" -outputresource:"C:\Users\amoolya\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\MyInvPlug\bin\Release\MyInvPlug.dll";#2" exited with code 9009. MyInvPlug

Looks very unususal. can somebody help me please..

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ADNpati
in reply to: ADNpati

I checked this problem and find that the point is that the mt.exe may not on your machine.

Since Inventor 2012 we take use of the registry-free tech for the addins, and we updated the InventorWizards to help users to create the registry-free addins easily. The problem you encountered here is that the macro in the post-event of the addin project could not run, and the point is that it will call the MT.exe(manifest tool) is not found on your machine. I guess that you may not have the Windows SDK installed on your machine, and the VS Express version does not include the Windows SDK installer neither. So I would recommend that you download and install the Windows SDK from  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb980924.aspx, and then try to compile the addin.

The above procedure is from Rocky Zhang from Autodesk Solutions.

When I started Installing SDK, Installation is getting failed and I googled around trying to fix the installation issue.

And found Solution.

Microsoft now has a knowledge base article called Windows SDK Fails To install with Return Code 5100   that describes this problem and its fix.

Solution: Uninstall any existing Visual C++ 2010 redistributable. 

I googled around and found this page: http://notepad.patheticcockroach.com/1666/installing-visual-c-2010-and-windows-sdk-for-windows-7-off...

and the advice there worked. Basically you could have one of several problems, and you have to look in the log file to see whats going on. In my log file i had:

6:17:07 PM Saturday, February 02, 2013: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Setup\SFX\vcredist_x64.exe installation failed with return code 5100

Although you might have a different problem then me. Try the solutions at the ctrl+f5 and patheticcockroach.com websites that i linked.

Then reinstall SDK and compile Addin.

In Shortcut,

Install windows SDK from Windows website if you are getting installation Error Uninstall any existing Visual C++ 2010 redistributable.  (both x86 and x64) and reinstall SDK. Then compile.

Hoped this helped!!!!

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
Namoi1
in reply to: ADNpati

I've found that this depends on which version of VS I'm using. with my first project I started with
VS2010 express and the line was call "%VS100COM....
switched to VS2013 express and the line was call "%VS90COM

using IV2015
C-H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report