Inventor Customization

c1fowler
Message 1 of 6 (622 Views)

Physical Properties

622 Views, 5 Replies
06-29-2010 12:56 PM

Two questions.

Is there a way to add new materials to physical properties?

Is there a cloud feature in Inventor for drawings, or is that something that can only be done in Autocad Mechanical and Mechanical Desktop?

Employee
yuhanzhang
Message 2 of 6 (617 Views)

Re: Physical Properties

06-29-2010 08:00 PM in reply to: c1fowler

For #1 question, when you use the Materials.Add method to add a new material, the new material would be displayed on Physical properties tab.

For #2 question, yes we provide a Cloud feature in drawing via an addin(DrawingTools addin), you can get this feature after installing the UserTools.msi in SDK. You can find the UserTools.msi from below directory:

XP:                X:\Program Files\Autodesk\[Inventor version]\SDK

Vista/Win7:   X:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\[Inventor version]\SDK\

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

ars7777777
Message 3 of 6 (496 Views)

03-01-2011 01:33 PM in reply to: c1fowler

I am interested in aslo adding materials and thier properties for simulation purposes. However I can not find the method for adding them. I tried to search based on your reply of "Material.add" and thier were no results.

Employee
yuhanzhang
Message 4 of 6 (491 Views)

03-01-2011 05:53 PM in reply to: ars7777777

You can either use the Materials.Add or Material.Copy to create a new Material, and then modify its properties with proper values.

Hope this helps.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

gandyo
Message 5 of 6 (323 Views)

10-14-2011 01:34 PM in reply to: yuhanzhang

can you create a quick tutorial on this. I can't find the add material button. 

Employee
yuhanzhang
Message 6 of 6 (316 Views)

10-16-2011 07:09 PM in reply to: gandyo

If you mention a button,  I guess you want to add a new material through UI. You could do this as attached picture shows, on the Styles and Standard Editor, right click a material and choose New Style command, this would creae a copy material against the selected material, and you can rename it and modify the physical parameters with proper values.

Hope this helps.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.