Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Number Row Merge and Length Designations

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
erikbrockhoff
233 Views, 1 Reply

Part Number Row Merge and Length Designations

Hello, 

I'm trying to use the Part Number row merge feature to merge a custom pipe I have created.  I can get the pipes to merge correctly in the BOM but I cannot get the QYT function to work properly.  

What is the defence between frame generated parts and normal parts that enables this feature to work?  I cannot find what controls the quantity function to generate a length instead of a quantity. 

Spool pic.JPG

Spool dwg.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You have several choices for the QTY value. There is Base QTY, Item Qty, Unit QTY and QTY. It is Item QTY that gives you the member count.

For the Part Number Row Merge, this will only work correctly if the data in the Part Number column is the same for identical members, whether FG placed or manually placed. As an example my Description includes the member name and the length (like RHS 100x100x4.0 Steel C350L0 - 1800.00 mm) so I make Part Number = <Description> which does the row merging.

Hope this helps.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report